If you're looking to see the Green Bay Packers take on the San Francisco 49ers, it might make a dent in your bank account.
Ticket seller StubHub recently announced that there are almost 7,000 tickets available for the game on its platform. Prices for those tickets start near the $300 range. As of Friday morning, the cheapest ticket was $297, standing room only.
Tickets for the championship game are also 158% higher than AFC ticket sales, with the average price of one NFC ticket costing 42% more than an AFC one.
It's expected to be a full house in Santa Clara, California, as fans from 18 countries and 49 states are heading to the game.
StubHub is the authorized ticket resale marketplace of the Green Bay Packers.
To avoid issues, StubHub recommends these tips:
- Do not buy tickets on the streets or pay cash: A service that officers a ticket guarantee and a 24/7 customer service ensures your order is backed.
- Buy from a trusted and credible service
- Be careful sharing ticket images on social networks: Cover the barcode or you are inviting others to replicate the images
- Use technology to help you stay within budget
- Know before you go and cut the guess work out of buying