The Milwaukee Bucks season opener is just one day away, but construction for the new arena could create a parking problem for fans.
“I'm looking at the parking structure right now, it's really, really going to be a problem," said season ticket holder Keith Jones.
A city-owned parking structure right across the street from BMO Harris Bradley Arena that once held 950 spaces is now closed for deconstruction.
"I wouldn't want to walk in the cold probably five or six blocks," added Jones.
"The construction has presented a lot of logistical issues, but the pros outweigh any minor headaches with that," said Mark Rosenberg from Milwaukee Bucks Communications.
Rosenberg said construction for the new arena will bring inconveniences for the next couple of years, however there are still 4,000 spaces at five different structures within a quarter mile. There are another 12,000 spots if you go out a half mile.
"Within a five to 10-minute walk, there's still plenty of parking options," Rosenberg said.
To accommodate for those who can't park close, the Bucks are working with Uber providing a designated drop off location on State Street. Rosenberg said fans can park for free at Potawatomi Casino then take a discounted ride to the game.
"Parking is always a hassle downtown, you just have to deal with it,” said Bucks fan Bruce Ratkowski. “Make arrangements, come early or just find a different place."
There are several road closures fans will have to drive around this season to get to the arena. Those include W. Juneau Avenue from N. 4th Street to N. 6th Street.
The Bucks provided the information below on recommended parking spaces:
Within a quarter-mile of arena:
- MacArther Square Parking Structure, 841 N. James Lovell St. – 1,445 spaces available
- BMO Harris Bradley Center Structure, 841. N James St. – 776 spaces available
- Wisconsin Center, 500 Wells St. – 272 spaces available
- Isaacs Parking, 800 N. 4th St. – 725 spaces available
- 6th and State, 965 N. 6th St. – 183 spaces available
Within a half-mile of arena:
- The Blue, 310 W. Wisconsin Ave. – 606 spaces available
- 1232 N. Edison Parking Structure, 1232 N. Water St. – 120 spaces available
- MSOE Lot, 1214 N. Water St. – 249 spaces available
- 1000 N. Water Street Parking Structure, 1000 N. Water St. – 1,524 spaces available
- 724 N. 2nd Street Parking Structure, 724 N. 2nd St. – 495 spaces available