MILWAUKEE — This year there are five Milwaukee athletes nominated for ESPY awards, the sports equivalent of the Oscars.
- Best Breakthrough Athlete: Christian Yelich, Milwaukee Brewers
- Best Male Athlete: Giannis Antetokounmpo, Milwaukee Bucks
- Best MLB Player: Christian Yelich, Milwaukee Brewers
- Best NBA Player: Giannis Antetokounmpo, Milwaukee Bucks
- Best Play: Milwaukee native Arike Ogunbowale Behind the Back Pass
Fans can go here to vote for nominees up until the beginning of the award show on July 10 at 7 p.m. CT.
Giannis Antetokounmpo is nominated for best NBA player for the second year in a row. This is his first time up for the Best Male Athlete award.
You can watch Arike Ogunbowale's behind the back pass here. It's the second time she has been nominated for best play. Last year she won the category for her 2nd buzzer beater to win the NCAA women's national title. She gave UCONN its first loss of the season in the Final Four and then became a national champion after hitting the game-winner against Mississippi State.