MANITOWOC, Wis.- In the small town of Manitowoc, one name draws a lot of attention.
"The name definitely catches some people off guard," explained Steven Avery Jr. about sharing his father's name.
The name Avery is well known, but for Steven Avery's sons -- now grown men -- they're left with more questions than answers.
Steven Avery is serving a sentence of life in prison for the murder of Teresa Halbach in 2005.
In an interview with Crime Watch Daily, his sons have different takes on the question of their dad's innocence.
- SPECIAL SECTION: The Trials of Steven Avery
"I would just want to know the truth from him, and then if he did do it, why?" Bill Avery said.
"No, I don't think he did it."
But Steven Avery Jr. says he's not so sure.
"I have no idea. Only one person could answer that, and that would be Teresa," he said.
Steven Avery has spent so much time in prison that both men have grown out without their father.
"The first 18 years were the most critical. That's where you make that father-son relationship," Steven Avery Jr.
"I guess I just see him as a complete stranger," Bill Avery added.
Despite not knowing their father, they say they've been held back in life because of him. Both qualified for the military, but they claim they're being rejected for jobs.
"One of like the main guys that works there is like, 'I seen the Avery boys put in applications here, it will be a cold day in hell before they get hired,'" Steven Avery Jr. said.
'Making a Murderer' Stories:
- Petition: Take "Making A Murderer" Off Netflix
- Avery's Lawyer Kathleen Zellner Breaks Silence on Case
- Kentucky Schools Cancel Classes With "MAM" Spoof Video
- Dateline to Air Steven Avery Special
- Convicted killers could be making money off their own crimes
- Avery Lawyers to Appear at Riverside Theater Event
- Avery Investigator Rips Reporter's Coverage
- HalbachFamily Slams Netflix's in 'People' Magazine
- Avery's Former Fiancee: 'He Threatened to Kill Me'
- Filmmakers on Whether They Believe Avery is Guilty
- Chicago Law Firm Takes Over Steven Avery Case
- Gov. Walker Says He Won't Pardon Steven Avery
- Filmmakers: Juror Believes Steven Avery Was Framed
- Local Prosecutor, Author on 'Making a Murderer'
- Anonymous to Aid the Subject of Netflix Series 'Making a Murderer'