Consumer Reports , a consumer advocacy group, is warning parents to limit their infants to certain types of baby foods after a round of tests.
tested 50 baby foods for calcium, lead, mercury and arsenic and discovered that some foods contained a "worrisome" level of the toxic chemicals.
Of those 34 foods, 15 products were marked as the worst, actually putting babies who eat one serving of them a day at risk of health problems.
Those 15 products are as followed:
- Gerber Gerber Chicken & Rice
- Gerber Turkey & Rice Gerber
- Lil' Meals White Turkey Stew with Rice & Vegetables
- Gerber Carrot, Pear & Blackberry
- Gerber Carrots Peas & Corn with Lil' Bits Earth's Best Organic
- Chicken & Brown Rice Earth's Best Turkey
- Red Beans & Brown Rice Earth's Best Organic Sweet Potatoes,
- 1st Stage Earth's Best Organic Whole Grain Rice Cereal
- Earth's Best Organic Sunny Days Snack Bars
- Strawberry Sprout Organic Baby Food Garden Vegetables
- Brown Rice with Turkey Plum Organics
- Just Sweet Potato Organic Baby Food
- Beech-Nut Classics Sweet Potatoes Happy Baby Organics Superfood Puffs
- Apple & Broccoli Happy Baby Organics Superfood Puffs,
- Purple Carrot & BlueberryFood products containing rice and/or sweet potatoes
James Dickerson, Chief Scientific Officer at Consumer Reports says that parents who have been feeding their children these shouldn't panic. Eating the foods doesn't cause health problems, but it does increase the potential risk of developing.
For more information, click here .