MILWAUKEE — The United States is enduring its longest government shutdown, and as a result, many employees are not being paid.
In Wisconsin, several businesses and tourist attractions have offered free admission or items to the thousands of furloughed employees.
- Manitowoc's Maritime Museum is offering free admission to federal employees and their immediate families during the shutdown. For more information, click here.
- Comedy Sports in Milwaukee is offering free admission to any government employees this weekend, Jan. 18-19. The deal is one free ticket per government employee. To reserve your spot, call 414-272-8888.
- The Cheel restaurant in Thiensville is offering free lunch for government employees. The deal, one sandwich per government ID, is from 1 to 3 p.m. Friday, Jan. 18.
- The Wisconsin Humane Pet Society pet food bank is available to government employees. For more information, click here.
- Doc's Smokehouse in Milwaukee is offering a free special to government employees. For more information, click here.
- Bounce Milwaukee is offering free admission for any federal employee or contractor furloughed from work during the shutdown. This includes free admission for up to three dependent children.
- Stone Creek Coffee in Shorewood will be serving free coffee, tea, and espresso-based beverages to all federal government employees until the shutdown comes to an end.
- Marquette men's basketball will be giving out free tickets for their Jan. 23 game against DePaul for federal workers affected by the shutdown. All you have to do is arrive to Fiserv Forum around 6 p.m. and present your federal ID.
- Local law firm, Kim & LaVoy, S.C., are giving furloughed federal workers in Wisconsin $50 Target gift cards.
- Milwaukee Art Museum is offering free admission to furloughed federal employees during the government shutdown. All you have to do is present your federal ID.
- Metcalfe's Markets will offer 20% off discounts for all federal employees affected by the government shutdown starting Jan. 23. All you have to do is present your federal ID at the checkout.
- Skylight Music Theatre is offering free tickets to their performance of "Five Guys Named Moe" from Jan. 25- Feb. 2. Each federal employee who provides a federal ID will receive two tickets for the show.