Eight companies were awarded contracts totaling $14 million to build the first building for the Foxconn development, the company announced Tuesday.
The companies are:
- Bright View Landscape Development Inc. out of Milwaukee for landscape work
- Merrill Steel out of Schofield for structural steel work
- Otis Elevator Company out of Milwaukee for elevator work
- Pieper Electric, Inc out of New Berlin for elevator work.
- Spancrete, Inc. from Waukesha for Precast work
- Superior Masonry Builders, Inc. of Butler for concrete work
- The Boldt Company from Appleton for architectural work
- TOTAL Mechanical, Inc. from Pewaukee for mechanical, plumbing and fire protection work
“We are pleased that a team of companies with strong track records in Wisconsin has been
assembled to support the development and construction of our first building in the Wisconn
Valley Science and Technology Park,” said Foxconn Director of U.S. Strategic
Initiatives and President of FEWI Development Corporation Alan Yeung in a statement. “We are committed to our ‘Wisconsin First’ approach where we are actively working with local partners and tapping the talented and hardworking workforce in the state as part of our shared vision of transforming Wisconsin into a global technology and advanced manufacturing hub.”
Foundation work will begin in August 2018 and construction will be completed this winter.
The building will have offices for the construction companies and it will house the research and development facilities.
Foxconn will announce additional contracts for other facilities in the coming months.
Information on future bids for the Foxconn project is at wisconnvalley.wi.gov.