MADISON — The Madison-based brewing company Karben4 is recalling certain beers in glass bottles after they were notified of a possible defect that could leave small shards of glass in the beer.
Karben4 issued the voluntary recall on Wednesday for bottles that were filled between Nov. 8 and Dec. 31.
They said the glass defect could lead to a loss of carbonation and the potential for small pieces of glass falling into the beer.
The brewery says they have sourced new glass bottles from a different production plant and will begin using those bottles on Thursday.
If you have Karben4 beer filled in the suspected time window of the defect, do not drink the beer. You can email email@example.com or send them a Facebook direct message and they will work with you about getting a refund.
You can also go into the Karben4 taproom to exchange your beer for a $10 refund if you are in the Madison area.
Check the “Bottled On Date” printed on the neck of the beer bottle to see if your beer is affected.
Here is the list of beers affected:
- Fantasy Factory bottled on 11/08/18, 11/15/18, 11/20/18, 11/27/18, 12/04/18, 12/18/18, 12/27/18 and 12/31/18
- Raspberry Fantasy Factory bottled on 11/13/18 and 11/27/18
- Lady Luck bottled on 12/06/18 and 12/27/18
- Dragon Flute bottled on 11/08/18 and 12/18/18
- Block Party bottled on 12/13/18
- Belly Bongos bottled on 12/13/18 and 12/20/18
- Champagne Tortoise bottled on 12/13/18 and 12/31/18
- Diet Starts Tomorrow bottled on 11/15/18 and 12/20/18