The Bucks continue the Eastern Conference Finals against the Toronto Raptors on Friday night at Fiserv Forum, but there are other events besides basketball this weekend in Milwaukee:
- The New Berlin Beer Garden will be in Valley View Park all weekend. Eagle Park Brewing Company will set up its mobile taproom all around New Berlin this summer to serve some of Wisconsin’s finest craft beers.
- Grohmann Museum has a new exhibit of photographs by local Jim Brozek called “Roll Up Your Sleeves,” and Friday is the show’s opening day. These photos document work of all kinds and from all places, including the farm fields of Wisconsin, Great Lakes Shipping and local construction.
- Ex Fabula All-Stars: Forgiveness is Saturday night at Turner Hall Ballroom. Ex Fabula’s annual All-Stars event features community members who were voted “Audience Favorites” at regular season StorySlams. They will return to the stage to share new, 10-minute stories on the evening’s theme: forgiveness.
- On Sunday, history and beer buffs should head to Lakefront Brewery for Milwaukee on Tap. Milwaukee historian John Gurda will discuss the history of beer and brewing in Milwaukee, leading all the way up to the opening of Lakefront Brewery, Milwaukee’s second-oldest craft brewery, in 1987. Russ Klisch will tell the story of Lakefront’s beginnings, and, of course, there will be samples.
- Don’t have tickets for Friday’s Bucks game? No worries! There are plenty of great places to watch the game, including the new MECCA bar, which has a massive screen, Fuel Café in Walker’s Point or Skybox Sports Bar on MLK Drive. All are great options for cheering on the home team.