NewsLocal News


Waukesha woman accidentally lights her couch on fire in "intoxicated stupor" according to police

Posted at 7:56 PM, Jun 14, 2019
and last updated 2019-06-14 20:56:33-04

In an "intoxicated stupor" a Waukesha woman accidentally lit a couch on fire when her cigarette fell on it, according to Waukesha Police.

Police identified the woman as Linda. They did not provide a last name.

Linda was drunk while moving a couch to the curb for a friend to pick up. Without noticing, her cigarette fell on the couch.

"As she was so intoxicated, she did not realize this until the couch was actually on fire at which time she attempted to smother the flame with a newspaper," the police report said.

Linda then, unsuccessfully, tried to put out the fire with other couch cushions. When police arrived, officials extinguished the flame with water.