WEST ALLIS — The West Allis Fire Department is warning people that clothes, still hot from the dryer, could start a fire.
In a Facebook post, firefighters say they were called to an apartment back in May. They say someone who lived there dropped clothes fresh out of the laundry in his closet and left the residence.
The clothes were still hot from the dryer and packed tightly in the laundry bag. Firefighter say they began to smolder and started his bedroom on fire.
"Don't leave hot clothes bundled up in a laundry bag or basket after taking them out the dryer - they can ignite," they write.