Actions

University of Wisconsin-Madison student burned in weekend cooking accident

Posted: 11:27 AM, Apr 09, 2018
Updated: 2018-04-09 16:56:42Z

MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- A University of Wisconsin-Madison student was burned when her clothing caught fire while she was cooking in a dormitory kitchen.

Authorities say the female student told fire crews that the bottom flap of her flannel shirt must have come in contact with the electric coil of a stove while she was boiling water Sunday afternoon.

She doused the flames before firefighters arrived. She was evaluated by paramedics and taken to a hospital by campus police. WISC-TV reported she was listed in stable condition.