MILWAUKEE — The 2020 Democratic presidential nominee might make their acceptance speech at Miller Park, according to our partners at the Milwaukee Business Journal.
Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett has reached out to Miller Park and Summerfest about their availability to be used during the 2020 DNC, according to our partners.
- MORE COVERAGE: Milwaukee Selected To Host 2020 Democratic National Convention
- Finalist Cities, Leaders React To 2020 DNC In Milwaukee
- Why Miami Beach, Houston Think Milwaukee Beat Them For DNC
- DNC's Milwaukee Decision Draws Praise From Some GOP Leaders
- Local Businesses Welcome 2020 DNC To Wisconsin
- Marcus Corp. Owner: Milwaukee Has Hotel Rooms Needed For DNC
- Republicans Say Milwaukee's Socialist History Makes It 'Obvious Choice'
- Democrats Say Choice Of Milwaukee Reflects Wisconsin's Importance
- Milwaukee Hopes To Shed 'Rust Belt' Label As DNC's Host City
Miller Park potentially would be used during the convention's final day, when the nominee traditionally addresses the convention and accepts the bid.
The Milwaukee Brewers, Summerfest president and CEO Don Smiley and Barrett’s spokeswoman all confirmed their conversations, but nothing has been scheduled.
Miller Park has a capacity of 41,900 for baseball, while Fiserv Forum seats 17,500 for basketball.
Fiserv Forum is the official host site of the DNC, which is scheduled July 13-16, 2020.
An estimated 50,000 visitors are expected to attend theDNC.