Residents like Dan Carlson noticed something was off just looking into the water.
“It was kind of like a light green that you normally wouldn’t see,” said Carlson.
If it is blue-green algae it can cause vomiting, diarrhea and/or a skin rash. Carlson is not taking any chances, telling his 3-year-old son he will not be using the swim trunks while the lake is tested.
The same news was given to the Pewaukee Lake Water Ski Show Team who had to cancel.
“We were ready to go with a great show. We were ready to have a lot of fun and we got the call at the last minute that we can’t because the readings were too high,” said show director Michael Strauss.