WEST ALLIS -- North America's largest traveling Ferris wheel will make its Wisconsin debut at the Wisconsin State Fair this summer, the fair announced Wednesday.
The 155-foot tall WonderWheel will be located on the west side of State Fair Park, where the West Side Marketplace was previously located.
The fair says the WonderWheel will offer 36 fully-enclosed gondolas that can carry up to six people each. One gondola will have accessible seating. Ride time from start to finish is about 10 minutes and costs $5 each.
Here are some more fast facts about the massive WonderWheel, presented by Meijer:
- Weighs in at 400,000 pounds
- Features 528,000 LED lights
- Offers visibility of 10 miles or more from the top, under clear conditions
- Transported in 11 fully-loaded semi-trailer trucks
- Will only be featured at three fairs in 2017
The Wisconsin State Fair runs from August 3 to 13.
Be sure and watch TODAY'S TMJ4 on Roku! We are the only station in Milwaukee to provide the latest news, weather and sports on the device. Search for us on Roku today!