MILWAUKEE – The Summerfest grounds is getting another make-over this Fall.
Summerfest officials announced plans to reconstruct the North Entry Gate of Henry Maier Festival Park and develop a new Community Plaza, adjacent to Urban Park.
Summerfest says the new project will connect the festival grounds to the new Lakefront Gateway Project and downtown Milwaukee and will add public amenities as well as provide an expanded and more efficient entrance for festival goers.
Several of the existing structures will be demolished prior to the construction process to make way for the new buildings.
The North Entry Gate and Community Plaza project will include:
- New entrance gate & turnstile entry area:
- The entry gate will feature digital displays, lighting and a public address system
- Additional turnstile lines
- Unique signature design
- New box office
- First Aid Station
- Community Plaza:
- A public space available to all community members visiting lakefront attractions
- Accessible benches and seating areas
- Interactive play structures themed around music and musical instruments
- Bike Parking
- Eco-friendly landscaping and interactive lighting effects
Construction will begin September 18, 2017.