MILWAUKEE -- A woman is searching for the man who saved her life after her apartment building caught fire.
It happened around 3:30 a.m. Tuesday at 21st and Mitchell.
It was a man who had stopped to eat at a nearby George Webb restaurant who came to the rescue.
"I don't think I've ever been that terrified," says Christina.
She knows how lucky she is to be alive.
"There were flames everywhere," she says.
What saved her? A knock on the door.
"I woke up to a man pounding on my door," she says. "I heard him yelling for me to hurry and open the door. I have a loud air conditioner and a fan in my bedroom. He really had to be knocking hard. When I finally opened the door, all I saw was smoke and fire. The guy was standing there telling me someone had set the building on fire."
Whoever did it poured gasoline along the ground, and at every door. In a panic, Christina rushed to get water to put out the flames, call 911, and wake up her other neighbors. When she came back, the stranger who alerted her was already gone. All she remembers is that he was carrying a George Webb carryout bag.
Now, Christina wants to find him.
"I just want to meet him and say thank you," she says. "I want to have him over for a barbecue. Most people in this neighborhood would walk away from something like that. If it wasn't for that man, so much more could have happened. There are children who live in this building. He saved me, and others."
Milwaukee Police are investigating this as an arson, and they believe they know who did it.