UPDATE: Milwaukee police arrest woman connected with arson/homicide on city's north side

MPD still looking for known female suspect
Posted at 5:27 PM, Jun 18, 2017
and last updated 2017-06-19 10:21:21-04

UPDATE: Milwaukee police have arrested a 39-year-old Milwaukee woman in connection with the June 16 arson/homicide in the 1200 block of W. Wright Street.

Police say the case will be presented to the Milwaukee County District Attorneys' Office for charges in the coming days.

No other information has been released at this time. 

Stay with TODAY'S TMJ4 for further updates.



Witness video of the incident. ***VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED***

MILWAUKEE, WI - Cellphone video documents a terrifying scene on Milwaukee's north side as a woman rushes to escape a fire police say was intentionally set. 

It happened Friday, June 16th in the 1200 block of W. Wright Street on Milwaukee's north side. However, not everyone made it out alive. 
“It was really shocking," Dora Johnson said. “It’s just been numerous times when we always seen these people fight. We didn’t know it was going to go this far this time.” 
Dora Johnson documented a woman breaking through the glass of a home window and returning with what appears to be a gas can. Johnson also kept her camera rolling when flames erupted moments later. 
“There must have been a stove right there or something because next thing you know, we just [saw] flames," Johnson said. 
Those flames killed one man, police have identified as 72-year-old Willie Greer. Barbara Jelks was also in the home, but she jumped out a first-floor window to save her own life.  
“I didn’t care if my face was cut up or anything," Jelks said. "I just wanted to live."
After Jelks jumped, she ran in the opposite direction of the fire. The video also shows several people, Johnson refers to as her cousins, rushing to break down the door and even a window to the home to rescue anyone else who may have been inside. 
“I’m sad that that happened and I'm thankful to be alive," Jelks said. "I’m sorry to those who lost their loved ones... It just hurt so bad."
According to police, the Milwaukee Fire Department responded to the scene and it took a 1 and 1/2 alarm to put out the fire. Police are investigating this incident as an arson/homicide.