MILWAUKEE — The Wisconsin Historical Society placed the Milwaukee Journal Complex on the State Register of Historic Places.
The Journal Complex, located at 333 W State St., was built in 1924 is a significant landmark in the Milwaukee area, specifically as the headquarters for Wisconsin's leading paper, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel — formally known as the Milwaukee Journal.
The historical building is best described as a hybrid of architectural styles, having Classical, Mediterranean, and Art Deco influences, according to the Wisconsin Historical Society.
The Journal Complex housed the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel up until this year after the paper announced it would be leaving the historic building.
The new home for the paper is located at 330 E Kilbourn Ave.