Milwaukee ranks as one of the most affordable cities in the U.S. according to move.org.
The survey analyzed the average monthly cost of living in the 75 most populous cities in the U.S. The criteria for cost of living included rent for a one-bedroom apartment, utilities, internet, gas, and food. A person's cost of living fluctuates depending on many external factors, which is why move.org said this list should be used as, "guidelines, not predictions."
Out of 75 cities, Milwaukee is the 22nd most affordable city in the country with an average monthly cost of living at $1,657.54.
The most EXPENSIVE cities in order are:
- San Francisco, California - $4,210.60
- New York City, New York - 3,956.11
- San Jose, California - $3,289.07
- Oakland, California - $3,212.14
- Boston, Massachusetts - $3,211.51
The most AFFORDABLE cities in order are:
- El Paso, Texas - $1,182.96
- Lincoln, Nebraska - $1,291.50
- Toledo, Ohio - $1,322.93
- Wichita, Kansas - $1,433.37
- Louisville, Kentucky - $1,441.22