MILWAUKEE -- Eight fires reported overnight on Milwaukee's south side are being considered as suspicious, according to the Milwaukee Fire Department.
The first fire was reported in the 2800 block of W. Hayes Ave. at 3:00 a.m. Friday. Several other fires were reported within the hour in the same general area.
Police have identified three people on surveillance video who they say they want to question in this case. The three men were seen riding on bicycles in the area at the time of the fires.
The Red Cross is assisting families who have been displaced by the fires.
Here's a list of the seven overnight fires with locations:
- 3:00 a.m. - 2829 W. Hayes Ave. - garbage fire
- 3:14 - 3021 W. Hayes Ave. - garage fire
- 3:28 - 2805 W. Hayes Ave. - garbage fire
- 3:31 - S. 30th St./W. Burnham St. - garage fire
- 3:38 - 1659 S. 20th St. - building fire
- 3:45 - 1819 S. 20th St. - garbage fire
- 3:55 - 1050 W. Lapham Blvd. - building fire
- An 8th fire was confirmed by MFD but no information on location was available.