NewsLocal News


Marquette students evacuated after fire alarm goes off in Commons

Posted at 11:33 AM, Jan 30, 2019
and last updated 2019-01-30 12:33:46-05

MILWAUKEE — Extreme cold temperatures and changes in water flow caused a sprinkler to go off in the basement of The Commons on Wednesday at Marquette University.

That set off a fire alarm, and students were evacuated to the lobby and dining area, according to the university.

Students did not have to go outside, according to Lynn C. Sheka, the senior director of university communication.

Students who wanted to leave the residence hall were shuttled to warm areas on campus, Sheka said.