Man saves little girl from Kenosha apartment fire

Posted at 6:57 AM, Oct 24, 2016
and last updated 2016-10-24 07:57:38-04

Quick thinking saved a life overnight when an apartment building went up in flames.

The building on 61st Street was left badly damaged. Everyone living in the four units inside is displaced. The American Red Cross is helping them.

According to the fire department, the flames broke out Sunday night and started in a second floor kitchen. As neighbors saw smoke emanating from the building, one man visiting the area ran inside to help.

"We were all in the house, that's when we smelled the smoke...I ran in and saved the little girl," Brian Dail told TODAY'S TMJ4.

The Kenosha Fire Department says one person was hurt and taken to the hospital, but hasn't said if that person was the child who was rescued.