The Milwaukee Police Department is looking to fill more than 30 vacant emergency dispatcher positions.
The hiring fair is taking place Tuesday until 8 p.m. on the third floor of District 3 headquarters located at 2333 North 49th Street.
According to the job posting, applicants must meet the following criteria:
1. At least 18 years old at time of application
2. Six (6) months experience as a fire, police or ambulance dispatcher, or Protective Service Telecommunicator or two years of experience with multi-faceted customer contact or telephone work performing duties such as receiving and/or resolving complaints, problem solving, or substantial responsibility for giving and receiving information while simultaneously entering data into a computer.
3. Basic computer skills and the ability to type a minimum of 30 WPM.
4. United States citizenship, or be legally authorized to work permanently for any employer within the United States.
5. Must successfully pass a MPD Background Investigation.
Applications will be accepted through August 29. The current annual starting salary for City of Milwaukee residents is $46,347.