One of the coldest nights of the season is expected to hit Milwaukee Tuesday night.
Wind chills are expected to reach -20 to -30 degrees. If you need shelter from the cold, our partners at the Milwaukee Neighborhood News Service has compiled this list:
- Repairers of the Breach at 1335 W. Vliet Street will have a daytime warming room and an overnight warming shelter if temperatures drop to 20 degrees and below. The shelter is open from 7PM to 7AM.
- St. Benedict the Moor at 930 W. State Street has a warming shelter for when temperatures drop below zero.
To get temporary access to the following shelters, you'll need to speak to a specialist. Dial 211 or text your ZIP code to 898-211 for help:
- The Cathedral Center at 845 N. Van Buren Street offers shelter to single women and families. Call 414-831-0394 for more information.
- Hope House at 209 W. Orchard Street offers shelter to families.
- The Salvation Army of Milwaukee County provides shelter for single men, women and families.
- Guest House of Milwaukee at 1216 N. 13th Street accepts single men.
There are also several private shelters in the area:
- The Milwaukee Rescue Mission at 1820 W. Wells Street, accepts single men. You must arrive by 6:15PM. Call 414-344-2211 for more information.
- Joy House at 830 N. 19th Street accepts women with children. Women must have a current ID and children need two forms of ID, such as a birth certificate and social security card. For more information, call 414-344-2211
- Casa Maria Catholic Worker on 1131 N. 21st Street accepts women with children. Call 414-344-5745 between 9AM and 10PM for more information.
- Hope Street Ministry on 2522 W. Capitol Drive accepts men, women and children. An application is required. For more information, call 414-445-5404.