MILWAUKEE -- With the city of Milwaukee Holiday Parade and the USS Milwaukee Commissioning Ceremony on Saturday, Nov. 21, downtown will be packed.
The Holiday Parade will begin at 9 a.m. Saturday. Find a full route here.
The Commissioning Ceremony will begin at 1 p.m. Saturday at Veterans Park and tickets are sold out.
There will be several street closures depending on the time of day, they are as follows:
Starting at 6:00 a.m. the following streets will be closed:
- Prospect Avenue from State Street to Wisconsin Avenue
- Wisconsin Avenue from Van Buren Street to Prospect Avenue
- Mason Street from Van Buren Street to Prospect Avenue
- Wells Street from Van Buren Street to Prospect Avenue
- War Memorial Bridge from Prospect Avenue to Lincoln Memorial Drive
- These areas will reopen by 11:00 a.m.
At 8:30 a.m. the following streets will be closed due to the parade route:
- Kilbourn Avenue from Prospect Avenue to 4th Street
- Old World Third Street from Kilbourn Avenue to Wisconsin Avenue
- 2nd Street from Wells Street to Michigan Street
- 4th Street from Kilbourn Avenue to Michigan Street
- Wells Street from 6th to 3rd Street
- Wisconsin from 6th Street to Plankinton Avenue
- This area will open by noon but may open earlier as the last unit in the parade passes by
Starting at 10 a.m.
- There will traffic congestion on Lincoln Memorial Drive from Lagoon Drive to Michigan Street