MILWAUKEE — The city of Milwaukee made about $17.5 million in parking tickets in 2017. Here's where you're most likely to get a parking ticket, according to our partners at Milwaukee Business Journal.
Our partners looked at ticket data from January 2017 to the end of Aug. 2019. These are the top 10 places that were ticketed the most during that time period.
- Arlington Place city parking lot near Brady Street received 5,743 tickets.
- The 700 block of North Ninth Street near the Milwaukee County Courthouse received 3,392 tickets.
- The 1900 block of North Farwell Avenue received 2,875 tickets.
- The 1500 block of North Farwell Avenue south of Brady Street received 2,451 tickets.
- The 900 block of West Wells Street received 2,320 tickets.
- The parking lot at 2254 S. Allis St. near Kinnickinnic Avenue in Bay View received 2,133 tickets.
- The 2500 block of East Park Place city lot next to Downer Avenue received 2,022 tickets.
- The 1500 block of East Kane Place between Bartlett and Oakland avenues received 1,989 tickets.
- The 1000 block of North Sixth Street by Milwaukee Area Technical College received 1,966 tickets
- The 200 block of East Erie Street in the Third Ward received 1,857 tickets.
The city budget expects to ticket 571,000 parked cars this year. In 2018, the city issued 636,000 tickets.
The city predicts to receive $15 million in revenue from parking tickets this year.