The National Weather Service has issued a heat advisory for southeast Wisconsin from noon Thursday through 11 p.m. Friday.
Dangerous heat and humidity are expected, with Friday being the hottest day.
Air temperatures combined with the humidity may lead to heat index values from 100 to 106 on Thursday and 103 to 110 on Friday.
Heavy rainfall and severe storms are expected Wednesday night through Thursday morning.
Mayor Tom Barrett and other city officials are holding a news conference at 11:30 a.m. Wednesday to let residents know of safety measures to take during the extreme heat.
Leaders will also discuss resources that are available to assist residents with staying cool.
For a list of cool spots and wading pools, click here.
For hot weather safety tips, including cooling sites in Milwaukee, click here.
The Milwaukee Public Library said some of the hours listed for the cooling sites on the city's website are incorrect. Click here for the most updated hours.
For summer cool spots, click here.
Here are some cooling centers in Kenosha County, according to the Kenosha County Division of Health:
• Froedtert South Kenosha Medical Center Campus, 6308 8th Ave.
• Froedtert South St. Catherine's Campus, 9555 76th St.
• Aurora Hospital, 10400 75th St.
• Memorial Hospital of Burlington, 252 McHenry St., Burlington
• Pleasant Prairie RecPlex, 9900 Terwall Terrace, Pleasant Prairie
• Randall Town Hall, 34530 Bassett Road, Bassett
• Somers Village Hall, 7511 12th St., Somers
• Twin Lakes Village Hall, 108 E. Main St., Twin Lakes
• Kenosha County Center, 19600 75th St., Bristol
• Kenosha County Job Center, 8600 Sheridan Road, Kenosha
• Northside Public Library, 1500 27th Ave., Kenosha
• Southwest Library, 7979 38th Ave., Kenosha
• Simmons Library, 711 59th Place, Kenosha
• Uptown Library, 2419 63rd St., Kenosha
• Kenosha Public Museum, 5500 1st Ave., Kenosha
• Civil War Museum, 5400 1st Ave., Kenosha
• Dinosaur Discovery Museum, 5608 10th Ave., Kenosha
• Twin Lakes Community Library 110 S. Lake Ave. Twin Lakes
• Salem Community Library, 24615 89th St., Salem
• American Red Cross sites, as necessary