MILWAUKEE — There is always something fun to do on the weekends here in Milwaukee. Here are a few fun events to check out while you're out and about this weekend:
- The Milwaukee Film Festival: The 11th annual Milwaukee Film Festival runs through Oct 31. Fans can watch more than 300 of the best films from all over the world, participate in events and talks, and enjoy one of the largest film festivals in the country.
- Gallery Night MKE: This event unites downtown Milwaukee through art. Attendees can experience the city's vast creative culture and discover local galleries, art and artists. Gallery Night MKE is happening Friday and Saturday.
- Gothic Milwaukee Haunted Historical Walking Tour: Walkers can catch a glimpse of Milwaukee's past and discover the dark secrets and shadows hiding in the shadows of Milwaukee. Led by a costumed tour guide, the tour runs rain or shine and is about 90 minutes long.
- 15th Annual Hunting Moon Pow Wow: Guests can celebrate Native American culture and tradition at the annual Hunting Moon celebration. The event includes dance competitions, drumming, singing, and a variety of vendors from native arts and crafts to traditional foods.
- ' Coppelia': Milwaukee Ballet opens its 50th season with the world-famous comedy, "Coppelia." This family-friendly production is full of humor, mystery and romance. Don't miss your chance to see this masterpiece and the free activities before each performance!
- Sculpture Milwaukee (final weekend): Sculpture Milwaukee is an annual outdoor exhibition of public sculptures along Wisconsin Avenue. According to Visit Milwaukee, "The exhibit creates a free, open-air art gallery, wrapped in fun events and educational opportunities, which captivates residents, tourists, downtown employees, students, and art lovers alike."