NewsLocal News


Grand Avenue Mall evacuated due to strong fumes

Grand Avenue Mall evacuated due to strong fumes
Posted at 7:15 PM, Dec 20, 2017
and last updated 2017-12-21 05:51:52-05

The Shops of Grand Avenue was evacuated Wednesday night after reports of strong fumes.

The Milwaukee Fire Department was dispatched due to a smell of natural gas, but their meters did not show anything.

All eight floors of the mall were evacuated after the smell started around 6 p.m.

We Energies is also on the scene investigating the smell. A representative from the utility company said a gas line on the roof of the Courtyard Marriott next to the mall was the source of the leak. They are not sure how long it will take to repair the leak. 

No one has been reported injured or sick from the fumes. 

We Energies gave the all clear around 9 p.m.