THIENSVILLE — A GoFundMe page has been created for a Thiensville couple whose home was damaged Sunday afternoon.
A popular restaurant in Thiensville called The Cheel caught fire on Sunday, nearly destroying both the restaurant and the home of Kathleen Wheeler and her fiancé.
Fire officials said in a release Tuesday they discovered the fire around 3:09 p.m. Sunday. A tenant in the upstairs apartment was rescued safely along with a pet cat. No one was injured.
Now, a friend of Kathleen's is trying to raise money to help the couple find a new home and put a down payment on it. The fundraiser organizer also said some of the money would go towards replacing things they lost during the fire Sunday.
As of Tuesday afternoon, over $3,000 had already been raised for the couple with donations continuing to flood in.
Click here to view the fundraiser.
Fire officials do not know what started the fire or where it started, but they are investigating.