MILWAUKEE -- The funeral for Sylville Smith, 23, the man shot and killed by a Milwaukee police officer nearly two weeks ago will begin Friday morning.
Visitation starts at 10 a.m. and funeral services will be held at noon at the Christian Faith Fellowship Church in Milwaukee.
Reverend Lovelace Raymond tells TODAY'S TMJ4 more than 30 faith leaders have promised to show their presence and that the Rev. Jesse Jackson, Sr. is expected to deliver the eulogy.
Raymond says Smith's mother worshipped there Sunday.
"I encouraged her heart and prayed for her and just tried to reinforce the prayers and the strength," Raymond said.
Smith was shot by a Milwaukee Police officer Aug. 12 in the Sherman Park neighborhood following a traffic stop. Officials say he had a firearm when he was shot.
The shooting set off two days of violent protests in the neighborhood.
- Recording Artists Reach out to Sherman Park Kids
- Sherman Park Residents Resume Meetings Despite Park Closure
- Some Worried To Send Kids Back To School Near Sherman Park
- Community Peace Walk To Be Held In Sherman Park
- Owner Of Looted Shop: There's No Hope Here
- By The Numbers: 7 Officers Injured, 14 Arrests After Night Two Of Sherman Park Violence
- Mayor to Strictly Enforce 10 p.m. Milwaukee Teen Curfew
- Sherman Park Residents: This is Not Our Neighborhood