GREENDALE -- The Village of Greendale has officially approved the multi-million dollar redevelopment of the previous space owned by Sears in the Southridge Mall.
According to the Village of Greendale, the 66,000-square-foot first floor will become a Dick's Sporting Goods Store.
The 45,000-square-foot second floor will become a "Round 1 Bowling and Amusement Complex."
This comes after other recent developments in the Southridge Mall area, including:
- The addition of the Ruby Tuesday's restaurant.
- The empty Kohl's grocery store remodeled into the Bed Bath and Beyond store
- The addition of the Berkshire Greendale 90 unit Senior Housing complex.
- Conversion of empty Younkers department store building into the new $16 million Macy's department store.
- The removal of the Leath Furniture building so the site could be reconfigured to accommodate the Panda Express and Longhorn Steakhouse Restaurants.
- The former Borders Book Store was converted to Designer Shoe Warehouse
- The empty Bowling Congress building was removed and the 10-acre parcel converted to a Neighborhood Walmart, Chick fil-A, and U.S. Cellular
- The Marcus Bistroplex opened earlier this year.