MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man lost parts of three fingers after a firework went off in his hand, according to a release to TODAY'S TMJ4 sister station WISC-TV from Madison police.
Police and firefighters were called at 8:53 p.m. Monday to 2906 Traceway Dr. on a report of a firework going off in a teenager’s hand.
EMS workers told police the man lost parts of three fingers and suffer chest burns.
The man told police he found the firework in the park and lit the fuse.
Police said it was not clear what type of firework he lit.
For more Madison-area news, visit the WISC-TV website.