The FBI is asking the public's help in locating a serial robber, and is offering a $5,000 reward for information that leads to his capture.
The suspect has robbed stores from Madison to Milwaukee. The FBI described him as a black male between 5’7’’ and 5’9’”tall, thin to athletic build.
“It happens all over the place,” said Joyce Hubert, a South Milwaukee shopper.
“Everybody’s got to be careful and watch yah know what’s going on,” Hubert also said.
Witnesses to the crimes say he used a silver or chrome semi-automatic handgun during the robberies.
“It’s crazy. There’s so many bad things taking place. It really it’s alarming it’s worrying,” said Mika Edoghogho, a Cudahy shopper.
The suspect has targeted Aldi Foods stores. He is accused of robbing five and attempting to rob a sixth. He’s hit the following locations:
- ALDI FOODS located at 3105 South Chicago Avenue, South Milwaukee, WI on
- ALDI FOODS located at 4615 West Layton Avenue, Greenfield, WI on 07/10/2017.
- ALDI FOODS located at 1521 Unity Drive, Oconomowoc, WI on 08/01/2017.
- ALDI FOODS located at 19555 West Bluemound Road, Town of Brookfield, WI on 09/16/2017.
- ALDI FOODS located at 3925 Lien Road, Madison, WI on 10/07/2017.
- ALDI FOODS located at 3105 South Chicago Avenue, South Milwaukee, WI on 11/02/2017. (attempted robbery)
“It’s not getting any safer than it used to be,” Hubert said.
“The people that’s working they shouldn’t have to worry about being robbed or harmed,” said Edoghogho.
An Aldi spokesperson sent TODAY'S TMJ4 the following statement:
Nothing is more important to us than the safety of our customers, employees and the community. We’re cooperating fully with the FBI and local police in their investigation of this matter. For additional information, please contact the FBI’s Milwaukee field office.
If you have information about the suspect, you are urged to call the FBI Milwaukee Division at 414-276-4684.