MILWAUKEE — Department of Public Works offices will be closed Friday, Dec. 24 and Monday, Dec. 27. Here's what you need to know:
Garbage, recycling and drop-off centers:
- There will be no garbage and recycling pick-up on the Friday before Christmas or the Monday after. Collection days shift forward after each city holiday. Review the collection schedule on DPW's website.
- Drop-off centers will be closed Friday and the following Monday.
- No parking meter or hourly restriction enforcement on Christmas Day.
- No overnight parking enforcement Friday night into Saturday morning (Dec. 25 from 2 a.m. to 6 a.m.) and Saturday night into Sunday morning (Dec. 26 from 2 a.m. to 6 a.m.). However, vehicles still must be legally parked and not in violation of any posted parking regulations.
- Night parking enforcement resumes Sunday night into Monday morning (Dec. 27 from 2 a.m. to 6 a.m.).
- If a snow emergency is declared, snow emergency regulations take precedence.
- Open Friday and Monday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. but closed Saturday and Sunday.
Milwaukee Water Works:
- The Water Works Customer Service Center at 841 N. Broadway will be closed for the holiday Friday and Monday for in-person and live telephone assistance.
- Automated account information and bill payment will remain available by calling (414) 286-2830.
- Customers can pay their municipal services bill and check account balances online.
- For water emergencies, customers can call the 24-hour control center at (414) 286-3710.