Dehumidifier catches fire in Washington County

WASHINGTON, CO. - A dehumidifier caught fire in a Richfield home, causing damage to the house.

On May 4, deputies were called to a home in the Village of Richfield because there was smoke coming from the basement. Upon investigating with the Richfield Fire Department, they discovered the dehumidifier burning in the basement. All residents were out of the house.

Deputies say the dehumidifier had been plugged in for a couple of hours and was too burnt to tell whether it was a recalled model.

Washington County, Wisconsin's Sheriff's Office posted on their Facebook page, warning homeowners to check if their dehumidifiers were a part of the recent recall. If the dehumidifier was purchased before 2014, they may be a threat of fire.

 

Print this article Back to Top