MILWAUKEE — The city of Milwaukee will light up Monday night in honor of PrideFest.
Milwaukee Downtown has started a new campaign called #MKEItShine, a campaign that honors city festivals and events that were canceled due to the coronavirus.
The campaign kicks off Monday night by honoring PrideFest, which was supposed to take place June 4 through June 7.
Milwaukee Downtown is encouraging buildings and landmarks to light up their facades with colors representing each festival.
The festivals being honored and the colors that go along with them are as follows:
- PrideFest: June 1 – 7 (colors: rainbow)
- Polish Fest: June 12 – 14 (colors: red and white)
- 3rd of July Fireworks: July 3 – 5 (colors: red, white and blue)
- Bastille Days: July 9 – 12 (colors: red, white and blue)
- Festa Italiana: July 17 – 19 (colors: green, white and red)
- German Fest: July 24 – 26 (colors: black, red and gold)
- Black Arts Festival: Aug. 1 (colors: blue, red, yellow and green)
- Democratic National Convention: Aug. 10 – 20 (colors: red, white and blue)
- Mexican Fiesta: Aug. 21 – 23 (colors: green, white and red)
- Irish Fest: Aug. 28 – 30 (colors: green, white and orange)
Some of the buildings taking part in the events are Discovery World, Fiserv Forum, Milwaukee Art Museum, Mitchell Park Domes, and the U.S. Bank Center.