The city of Milwaukee is set to close six fire stations as part of its 2018 budget resource allocation plan.
The following stations will be closed:
- Fire Station 3, 100 W. Virginia St. (Will be used by MFD construction and maintenance)
- Fire Station 5, 1313 W. Reservoir Ave. (Will be used as the MFD wellness center)
- Fire Station 6, 1693 N. Franklin Pl. (Will be used as the MFD community relations and education office)
- Fire Station 25, 300 S. 84th St.
- Fire Station 28, 424 N. 30th St.
- Fire Station 31, 2400 S. 8th St.
The following four engine companies will be decommissioned, or taken out of service:
- Engine Company 6, 1693 N. Franklin Pl.
- Engine Company 25, 300 S. 84th St.
- Engine Company 28, 424 N. 30th St.
- Engine Company 30, 2400 S. 8th St.
The following four truck companies will also be decommissioned:
- Truck Company 6 2526 S. Kinnickinnic Ave.
- Truck Company 12, 2903 N. Teutonia Ave.
- Truck Company 15, 5335 N. Teutonia Ave.
- Truck Company 17, 5600 W. Oklahoma Ave.
The reductions in stations and companies will not result in layoffs, according to the city of Milwaukee. Instead, 75 department vacancies will not be filled.