Several cities and villages have declared snow emergencies ahead of Tuesday's anticipated winter storm.
Some areas could see up to 7 inches of snow Tuesday night into Wednesday morning.
The city said the emergency will be in effect from 4 p.m. Tuesday through 5 p.m. Wednesday.
Vehicles are prohibited from parking on city streets during a snow emergency. Residents are reminded to park their vehicles in driveways or approved off-site parking lots.
"Beloit snow removal crew members rely on local residents to move the vehicles so they can clear snow from all streets during bigger snow events,” said Laura Pigatti Williamson, Beloit public works director. “Our plow drivers work all day and all night to keep our community’s roads safe for travel – please help them out by moving your vehicle during the snow emergency.”
Much of the area could see anywhere from 3 to 7 inches of snow Tuesday night into Wednesday.
Below are the designated parking lots for snow emergencies:
- Krueger Park Upper (Hackett Street at House Street) East Lot
- Krueger Golf Course (1611 Hackett St.): South Lot
- Wootton Park (4th Street at Maple Avenue): Entire Lot
- Rotary Center (1220 Riverside Drive): Between Designated Signs
- Jones Pavilion at Riverside Park (access via Portland Avenue): Entire Lot
- Heritage View Parking Lot at 627 Pleasant: Between Designated Signs
- Third Street (South Lot): West Side of Lot Along Fourth St. Third Street (North Lot): North End of Lot Between Designated Signs
- Ironworks (Fourth Street): Center Area Between Designated Signs
- West Grand Avenue Lot (229 W. Grand Ave.): Center Area Between Designated Signs
- Telfer Park (2100 Cranston Road): South East Area Between Designated Signs
The City of Janesville declared a winter weather emergency going into effect at 7 p.m. Tuesday.
All parked cars will need to be removed from city streets until snow and ice removal procedures are cleared.
The following lots are available for those who cannot park their vehicles in a driveway or garage.
- East Wall Street Lot at E Wall Street & N Parker Drive
- City Hall Lot at W Wall Street & N Jackson Street
- S High Street Lot at W Court Street & S High Street
- Hedberg Public Library Lot on Water Street
- River/Union Street Lot at S River Street & Union Street
- N Parker Drive Parking Ramp at N Parker Drive and E Wall Street
Parking is allowed in any municipal parking lot during a winter weather emergency.
The Village of Pleasant Prairie has declared a snow emergency starting at 6 p.m. Tuesday and through noon Wednesday.
No parking is allowed on village streets.
Snow emergency parking restrictions will be in place. For more information, click here.