The Salvation Army is breaking out the red kettles a few months early as part of its Christmas in July fundraising campaign.
From July 23 to July 28, the red kettles will be out at a number of locations around Southeast Wisconsin.
“The Red Kettle Campaign during Christmas has historically been the The Salvation Army's primary fundraiser, with proceeds going directly to help families and individuals in need throughout the entire year, not just at Christmas,” Major Steve Merritt, Divisional Commander for The Salvation Army of Wisconsin & Upper Michigan said in a news release. “With the increase in financial requests made to The Salvation Army and need for community care year round, Christmas in July will help provide financial assistance for more families right now.”
Kettles will be at the following locations:
- Pick 'N Save, 250 W Holt Milwaukee, WI 53207
- Pick 'N Save, 3701 S 27th Milwaukee, WI. 53221
- Pick 'N Save, 7201 S 76th Street Franklin, WI 53132
- Pick 'N Save, 7780 S Lovers Lane Rd Franklin, WI 53132
- Pick 'N Save, 4279 S 76th Street Greenfield, WI 53220
- Pick 'N Save, 2320 W Ryan Rd Oak Creek, WI 53154
- Pick 'N Save, 8770 S Howell Avenue Oak Creek, WI 53154
- Pick 'N Save, 2625 S 108th West Allis, WI 53227
The campaign will also work with the Milwaukee Brewers to have bell ringers and kettles outside Miller Park prior to the July 25 game against the Washington Nationals.
There is a
website set up for those who would like to volunteer
. Also, if you would like to donate, click here or text keyword ChristmasInJuly to 41444.