The fall-out from the Netflix documentary "Making a Murderer" may have led to the prison transfer of Brendan Dassey.
Dassey and his uncle, Steven Avery, were convicted in the 2005 murder of Teresa Halbach.
Records show that Dassey was transferred from Green Bay Correctional Institution to Columbia Correctional Institution.
- SPECIAL SECTION: The Trials of Steven Avery
Columbia is a maximum security prison located about 125 miles away from Green Bay.
The Wisconsin Department of Corrections issued the following statement regarding Dassey's transfer:
Inmate transfers are common within the prison system. Inmate Dassey transferred from Green Bay Correctional Institution to Columbia Correctional Institution, both maximum security facilities, to meet operational purposes.
TMZ quotes sources close to Dassey as saying one of the reasons for the move was related to his high profile following the popularity of the Netflix series
'Making a Murderer' Stories:
- Avery Investigator Rips Reporter's Coverage
- HalbachFamily Slams Netflix's in 'People' Magazine
- Avery's Former Fiancee: 'He Threatened to Kill Me'
- Filmmakers on Whether They Believe Avery is Guilty
- Chicago Law Firm Takes Over Steven Avery Case
- Gov. Walker Says He Won't Pardon Steven Avery
- Filmmakers: Juror Believes Steven Avery Was Framed
- Local Prosecutor, Author on 'Making a Murderer'
- Anonymous to Aid the Subject of Netflix Series 'Making a Murderer'
- Chances of Success For Avery Petitions 'Just About Zero'