AAA is offering free ride services across Wisconsin as part of its Tow to Go program.
The program is available to AAA members and non-members from now through 6:00 a.m. on January 2nd. Their number is (855) 2-TOW-2-GO or (855) 286-9246.
Important Tow to Go guidelines:
- The AAA tow truck transports the vehicle and driver home or somewhere safe within 10 miles
- Tow trucks can usually transport up to two people. If there are more people in your party, you will need to make other arrangements to get them home safely.
- You can't make an appointment to use Tow to Go. It is designed as a safety net for those that did not plan ahead. Always choose a Designated Driver before you have your first drink.
- In some situations, AAA may need to make other arrangements to get an impaired individual a safe ride home.
- Tow to Go may not be available in rural areas or during severe weather conditions.
- Tow to Go is also provided in Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Michigan, North Dakota, Nebraska, Tennessee, and Indiana (Fort Wayne and South Bend only).
For more information, click here.
New Years is the deadliest holiday on U.S. roadways. In 2017, nearly 1,000 people were killed during the 3-day period - according to the latest figures from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. 31% of those deaths involved drunk drivers.
Since 1998, Tow to Go has safely removed more than 25,000 impaired drivers from roads across the Southeast and the Midwest. AAA through it's Auto Club Group Traffic Safety Foundation and Budweiser provide this program to prevent impaired drivers from getting behind the wheel and risking the lives of other drivers.