3 good Samaritans save woman choking on burrito

Posted at 4:30 PM, Jun 04, 2016
and last updated 2016-06-04 17:30:41-04

GREENFIELD -- Three good Samaritans helped save a woman after she choked on a breakfast burrito Saturday morning.

According to the Greenfield Fire Department, the woman, who was inside a vehicle at the time, stopped breathing.

They said the driver pulled over and waved down passersby for help.

Two nurses and a We Energies employee stopped to help and performed the Heimlich maneuver. While she still had a pulse, the food remained lodged in her throat.

When she lost her pulse, officials said the trio initiated CPR. After about 18 compressions, the woman started breathing and regained a pulse.

Shortly after, paramedics arrived and took her to the hospital.