WISCONSIN — A group of animal shelters in Wisconsin is entirely waiving adoption fees for all adult cats in July.
The 4th annual "I Cat Believe It!" joint cat adoption promotion is underway right now. In 2018, the combined organizations performed 1,555 cat adoptions in July, compared to 1,301 the previous year.
The goal is to save the lives of more than 1,500 homeless cats in July.
The 15 shelters in Wisconsin taking part include:
- The Wisconsin Humane Society’s five shelters in Milwaukee, Racine, Saukville, Green Bay and Sturgeon Bay
- Coulee Region Humane Society
- Elmbrook Humane Society
- The Fox Valley Humane Association
- Humane Animal Welfare Society in Waukesha
- Humane Society of Marathon County
- Lakeshore Humane Society
- Milwaukee Area Domestic Animal Control Commission
- Oconto Area Humane Society
- Oshkosh Area Humane Society
- Washington County Humane Society
Adopted cats must be at least one year or older to qualify for the promotion.
The Wisconsin Humane Society alone reports that they are currently caring for 900 cats. That's compared to about 200 cats in late January.