The Milwaukee County Transit System announced route detours ahead of the Democratic National Convention, which kicks off Aug. 17.
MCTS said service delays can be expected to start on Aug. 15 at 6 p.m. and last through Friday, Aug. 21 midday.
The detours and delays are to be expected on routes near the Wisconsin Center, which is where the DNC is taking place.
Affected routes include 12, 14, 19, 30, 57, 80, Blueline and Goldline. Temporary bus stops will be posted.
The following route changes will be in effect until Aug. 21:
- Wisconsin Ave East-West Routes: Rt 14 (Humboldt-16th-Forest Home), Rt 30 (UMW-Sherman Blvd), GoldLine (UWM-Wisconsin Ave-Bluemound Rd) and Blueline (National Ave-Fond du Lac Ave) will detour via State Street between Water and 10th/11th Streets.
- Route 12 (12th-Teutonia) and Route 31 (12th-Highland) will maintain service to stops on 12th and also near the 5th & St. Paul Intermodal Station (IMS). Stops on Wisconsin Ave between 10th and 6th will be temporarily suspended.
- Route 57 (Water-Walnut) will see minor impacts, temporarily suspending stops on Michigan. Service to the IMS at 5th & St. Paul will be maintained.
- Route 19 (3rd Street/King Drive) will detour via Water between the Third Ward and Juneau Ave, maintaining opportunities for transfer connections with east-west routes.
- Route 80 (6th Street) will detour via 12th Street from Wisconsin Ave to Highland Ave, maintaining opportunities for transfer connections with east-west routes.