FRANKLIN -- A possible chlorine leak at a hotel in Franklin prompted a large emergency response on Saturday night.
It happened just before 7 p.m. at the Hampton Inn -- located at S. 76th Street.
Roughly 20 people in the pool area of the hotel were evacuated after multiple people reported a strong chlorine smell and feeling violently ill. Several people also reported having eye and skin irritations.
The Franklin Fire Department responded -- but didn't have the proper equipment to monitor for chlorine -- so the Milwaukee Hazmat Team was called. The pool area was checked and no leak was detected.
No one was taken to the hospital. Fire officials say the pool at the hotel will remain closed until someone can check their automated system