MILWAUKEE — The Milwaukee County Medical Examiner has responded to a home in the 3000 block of South 8th Street for a possible carbon monoxide and/or hypothermia death of a 61-year-old male.
The man reportedly was lighting fires in various containers in his home to stay warm after the electricity had been turned off.
It's unclear why or when the electricity was turned off in his home, as Wisconsin is a state with seasonal protection for electricity disconnection. No energy company is allowed to disconnect power between Nov. 1 and April 15.
The Milwaukee County Medical Examiner has responded to two other hypothermia cases this winter.
An autopsy has been scheduled for Thursday.