MILWAUKEE -- Summerfest is temporarily changing its carry-in policy and offering some extra services for fans due to this weekend's extreme heat.
During festival hours, the following will be offered:
- Visitors may bring in full, factory-sealed and unopened water bottles
- Visitors may bring in one empty clear plastic water bottle
- Misting stations will be available throughout the grounds
Aurora Health Care, Summerfest's exclusive health care provider, said guests should drink more water than usual if they're attending the Big Gig, and don't wait to feel thirsty to drink water. Wear loose, lightweight, light-colored clothing, and pace yourself - don't drink too much.
- MORE COVERAGE: Your Complete Guide To Summerfest!
- Your Summerfest Bus and Traffic Guide
- FLASHBACK: Classic Summerfest Photos
- 2018 Headliners Coming To Rock Summerfest
- Eating Your Way Through Summerfest [PHOTOS]
Guests should also take frequent breaks in shaded areas or cooling tents, and keep in mind that alcohol increases your risk for dehydration.