A local Milwaukee teacher took center stage at the Big Gig. B~Free is the opening act for Janelle Monae Friday night.
“I cannot begin to express how monumentous this is for me. This is a dream come true,” said B~Free.
B~Free is her stage name to her students she is Britney Freeman-Farr. She is their music teacher.
- MORE COVERAGE: Your Complete Guide To Summerfest!
- Your Summerfest Bus and Traffic Guide
- Dancing Machines Of Summerfest [GIF GALLERY]
- Summerfest Style: Wacky Tees [PHOTOS ]
- 2018 Headliners Coming To Rock Summerfest
- PHOTOS: Suns Out Guns Out: Check Out The Summerfest Ink!
“Currently, I am a K-8 teacher at Milwaukee Montessori School, and I am doing this as well,” said B~Free.
She thinks there will even be some students in her audience.
“That is my hope. A few of their parents are followers of mine on my Facebook page. And they said they were going to be out here tonight,” said B~Free.
B~Free has released two albums. She recently performed at Turner Hall. The singer songwriter even producers her own work. Tonight, she hopes even more people start to pick up her music.
“I feel like this is a big break and whether she sees me or not I hope there is enough people from the city who can take away what they think i am as an artist,” said B~Free.
If you didn’t catch B-Free here at Summerfest, you can see her next week on Tuesday at Chill on the Hill.